Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My New Job....and other random details

Okay, there's so much to say about today!
I woke up at 6:30 sort of groggy, because I went to California this weekend and
am still rather sleep deprived. I went to work (Wendy's) at 8:OO and found yet another manager (on loan for two weeks apparently). I shadowed people at the register, did a lot of running for fries and frosties during the lunch rush, and generally just stayed on my feet. Some funny happenings:
It got so hot behind the counter that I actually liked wiping down the tables and chairs just to be able to be in a cooler place...so at one point, I asked if I should go do that, and got an affirmative, and sort-of-subconsciously grinned and did a mini victory dance. EVERYONE laughed at that, because apparently people really hate that job. I don't, so it makes them happy. "She's really easy to please," they were saying, and I felt silly, but oh well...it works for me.
Oh my word, and there was this adorable little boy playing on the rail in the line, and I walked by and he grinned at me and said "Hi!" so I said hi back and his mom told him to get off the rail. Such a cute Hispanic kid, with big brown eyes and black hair :)
And now for a few embarrassing moments-I know you were waiting for those :P
So there was an order up with a small frosty on the tray, and I was hurrying fries to the next tray over, and I dropped a fry in the frosty, and I didn't know what to do, but I couldn't just LEAVE it there....so I grabbed it with my fingers, avoided the amused faces of the woman and her daughter, and went to wash my hands in the sink of humiliation :P
So it was a cool day...feel free to leave comments, eh? :)

Never Forget Him,
moi

3 comments:

  1. LOL, sounds like a great day!
    I loved that last bit about the fry in the frosty! Rest assured Camy, jobs mishaps happen.
    And so do victory dances. Victory dances are the best part of a job. Little things, multiplied by every day at work, equals a big deal.

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrick,
    :)
    Thanks! They do...I've learned to be a lot more relaxed, so I'm doing better. totally about the victory dances
    do you have a blog? ehe

    -me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do! It's more of a creative-output, but I'll let ya see it.
    http://nicproductions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete