Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Much in my heart; hard to express

I know that's kind of a mouthful for a blogpost title, but that's really why I haven't written in a while. My School of Evangelism has been challenging and changing me--well, God has been, ultimately. But there are teachers and teachings that definitely make me think and reason through things I might never think about. The other thing that's blowing my mind is how God will start talking to me about something and then it shows up in class the next day, and that's not uncommon. I love how God keeps connecting concepts to real life, because I don't really know something until He shows he how to apply it. :)

For example, I am learning that when I do the "silly little things" God asks me to do, it builds our relationship so much more than when I do the things I know I'm supposed to do. In other words, when he says "Go this way instead of that way" or "eat green peppers and tomatoes and cucumbers with Italian dressing", I do it because it blesses him that I care what he thinks, even if it seems silly. And then, it turns out not to be silly at all, because all of those steps lead me to deep relationship and intimacy and that brings out the best in me and then helps bring out the best in others around me as I live the way God intended...
Wow. It just awes me how God works!
That's all for now. More soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment