Monday, August 17, 2009

back to simplicity

God is taking me back to the basic truths, back to simplicity, because I've learned them with my head but not my heart...
They seem so elementary that at times I want to discount them as something I'm learning. It's really more like re-learning.
some of them are:
1. I will fail when I do things in my own strength.
2. I don't have to perform.
3. Sometimes all I have to do is be.

These are some of the hardest things to admit or believe for me. God is working in a huge way. Please be praying that as I listen to him and believe what he says about me, there will be a radical change in my heart and life. I want to love him with all of my heart, soul, mind, strength, and life, but I need him to root in my heart TRUTH. These three are just a few examples.

As for the DTS program itself, it's been amazing, painful, and again...exhilarating. Last week was ministry prep week, which meant working on dramas and clown skits, talking about messages and testimonies, bruises and bonding. It was intense. God taught me so much about strength in weakness. He was so strong in my weakness last week, and when I thought that I couldn't go on, he gave me that extra energy and endurance I needed. It builds my faith when he does that, but it also gives me tons of joy. I know that we'll be reaching people's hearts in Brazil, not just their minds, because I have had that experience, and I know that God will show me how to share that in a way that makes sense. Please be praying for wisdom as I prepare my testimony and message for outreach. Thanks!

love in Christ,
Camila

1 comment:

  1. Wow, God is so awesome.

    I am praying for you, and I will be sending in money from my first check soon :)

    I love and miss you, and am so excited for what God is doing! :)

    ReplyDelete