Friday, August 28, 2009

Breaking, beauty, and bubbles

God is so good. I am so glad He doesn't hesitate to make me uncomfortable to do what He wants to do in my life, even if it does absolutely feel impossible to go through. I would probably never grow. I am so glad that He is breaking me. It is the best thing that could possibly happen.

I'm starting to learn that real beauty is so not from the outside, but shines from what Jesus does on the inside. For beauty to be real, it has to be deeper than looks. I'm so glad. I'd much rather have a beautiful heart anyway.

As for bubbles, I am asking God to pop mine--all the things that I put up as excuses or defenses. I have definitely drawn those around myself in permanence, so it will be a process for them to all be demolished.

So that's just a snapshot of what's going on...God bless and may He do amazing things in your lives as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment