Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beauty and the Mess

The title of this post is also the name of one of my favorite Nickel Creek songs. It's just the way life is; the good with the bad, the bizarre with the normal, the beauty with the mess. That's one of the things that God's been teaching me, to take everything together, in stride, in peace. That doesn't mean that I let whatever I want into my life, but when stuff doesn't go the way I expect it to, He wants me to keep breathing, to let Him work through the problems or strangeness.
What an incredible God we have. He designed things to be perfect, and even though we mess a lot up, He's able to bring such unity and redemption and beauty to life.
I just want to learn how to keep abiding. If I could tattoo my soul, it would be the word ABIDE in large bold letters and probably in another language so it looks cool.

And these days have been chilly, but beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment