Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In Texas Again!

I got to Texas yesterday at about 1:10 and then got a ride to the base. The first thing I noticed when I stepped out of the airport was that it was VERY cold. Apparently we're going to hit 17 degrees sometime this week at night, which is the coldest it's gotten in 14 years in East Texas!
That's pretty crazy, huh?
Okay so there were definitely some more significant things than the weather, but really, when you live in Arizona (the warm southerny part) your body is kind of in shock when it's that cold.
Anyways, the first day of Lecture Phase was AMAZING, incredible, and all that jazz. But I can't give you all those adjectives and then walk away. So...let me give you a brief rundown.
I skipped breakfast for need of sleep, and then went to base prayer.
Then we had a morning classtime as an SOE (School of Evangelism) which was really more of an overview of what Kim's priorities were and talking about our class verse, and then in the afternoon we had our first speaker, and he definitely challenged me in an awesome way. I'll write more about this when I understand more of what he's talking about. But the basic topic is a narrow road vs. a wide one, which is interesting because this is really similar to what one of our guys talked about in Brazil. But yeah, and then after that God called me away for a few hours to just be with him, listen, and write down what he said. And that was an incredible time.
God is definitely after all of my heart this year. 2010 is going to be, in a word, fabulous.

signing off for now. hope all of you are doing well. feel free to comment or e-mail me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment