Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wasting Time

I have been wanting to write a post of processing, not only the things that I have been learning in my School of Evangelism, but about a book I just finished reading. It's called "The Rest of God: Restoring Your Soul by Restoring Sabbath" and it's by Mark Buchanan. There were a lot of good thoughts in it and one of the things that impacted me most was the difference between "chronos" and "kairos", basically the time as a slaver and a taskmaster and the kind of time you actually notice and enjoy and experience life.
On the other side of that, God has been convicting me about wasting time. There's a lot of difference between savoring time and squandering it. And along with receiving time as a gift, there are always certain ways to use it BEST. He showed me the other day something that I found really interesting. He told me that if I do things on time or even ahead of time, it opens up the way and opportunity for Him to use me in other's lives in ways that I don't expect. I'll write more on this when I've processed it more.
As for prayer requests, I would love to have some extra energy and inspiration for writing.
It would also be great if I could stop drinking coffee because I think it is weakening my immune system immensely. So pray that process would go smoothly. Thanks! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment